Episode 20 Demystifying the Marathon Bonk
Join Coach Patrick from Marathon Nation (www.marathonnation.us) for another weekly running podcast.
This week Coach P covers the dreaded “bonk” on race day and a long run.
Physical Considerations (immediate first, then long term)
– Current race pacing (view data / HR)
– Your In Race Nutrition
– Your Pre-Race Nutrition
– Your taper
– Your last few Key Long Runs
– Marathons never get easier, regardless of your fitness or pacing.
– Repeat issues creep into your head.
– Mistakes can be magnified.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Thanks for listening to this Marathon Nation podcast. Marathon Nation is the home of the educated runner. Smarter is Faster, and you can access articles, podcasts, ebooks and our renown training plans online at www.marathonnation.us. You can create a free membership and even sign up for our newsletter.
The marathon bonk has been something I’ve dreaded for years despite finishing few races. Thank you for the indepth take